Monday, December 16, 2013

Top Ten of 2013 - Number 10

I realized I am terrible at updating this blog so I am going to sum up 2013 and start fresh for 2014!I really want to be more diligent about updating next year, so let's have a little practice and break down the top ten moments of 2013.

Number Ten - Piedmont College


I just finished my first semester of graduate school at Piedmont College and I love it.  I really enjoyed my years at UGA...living in a 10'x10' room, getting my first apartment, meeting some of my best friends, younglife, working for the equestrian team and other odd jobs... but as far as how I did in my classes,  it was a little pitiful.  I know some of the problem was being young, having a lot of commitments and I probably could have done better if I had put fourth a little more effort however, I am feeling so much more successful at Piedmont.  I know it is a combination of being older and more responsible but I really feel like the staff at Piedmont want you to succeed.  I do not feel the classes are any easier than at UGA, if anything they are more work!

I really love Anna Kate asking me, "going to school? Do homework?" She has been walking around with this jewelry box I gave her with some costume jewelry and she says "I do homework too". (I guess she wants to work with jewelry? lol) I really hope that by seeing me work diligently on schoolwork it will show her that with perseverance anything is possible.  

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I agree with you. Reentering school a second time has given me a whole new perspective on school and I must say this time around I am much more focused. I am grateful to have met such a wonderful person as yourself. You are definitely an inspiration for AK.

    ReplyDelete